This article is about checking your Amazon Short Links. Checking your AMZN.to links is critical to making the most revenue from your Amazon Affiliate website.
If your affiliate site has a bunch of broken or malformed short links, you are losing Amazon referral commissions from your website traffic.
What is an Amazon Short Link?
Ever wish you could push a button and all your problems go away?
What is checking Amazon Affiliate Short Links?
When should I check my Amazon Short Links?
What common errors do Amazon Affiliate Short Links have?
Some common errors that may occur with Amazon Affiliate Links include:
1. Links are not properly formatted, resulting in broken links.
2. Links are not properly associated with the Amazon Associate account, resulting in no commission being earned.
3. Links are not correctly directed to the proper product page, resulting in potential customers not being able to find the product they were looking for.
4. Links are not formatted to track clicks and impressions, resulting in no analytics or insights.
5. Links are not properly shared to social media, resulting in a lack of engagement and reach.
6. Links are not properly tagged with the correct Amazon Store tracking code, or missing it altogether, resulting in incorrect or missing affiliate commissions.
I also put together this article called “Top 20 Amazon Affiliate Link Mistakes” which lists out common Amazon affiliate link mistakes and how to correct them.
How do I check Amazon Short Links?
The easy way to test (and automatically fix) Short Links- Linkmoney App
If you use Linkmoney App, all the work will be done for you automatically. Linkmoney will check and fix every Amazon Affiliate on your website.
All the affiliate links on your site could be checked and fixed by the time you finish reading this article.
Step By Step
Step 1. Create a Linkmoney App account.
Step 2. Download the Linkmoney App Plugin
Step 3. Add your API Key to Activate Plugin
Step 4. Look at your Baseline Scan
Step 5. Set up your License.
Step 7. Start Your First Linkmoney App Fix Scan by clicking the Linkmoney App Plugin button. Here is an article called “Linkmoney App Plugin” for more information on the how the plugin works.
That’s it. After you run a Linkmoney App Fix Scan, every Amazon Short link (AMZN.to links) and all other Amazon affiliate links on your site will now be checked and fixed.
Here is a complete detailed Step-By-Step guide to getting started with Linkmoney App.
The hard way
For Amazon Affiliate Links, AMZN.to, and Amazon Associates, you can use the Link Checker tool provided by Amazon to verify that the link works and is properly redirecting.
You will need to be logged in to your Amazon Associates account to use the Link Checker.
The Amazon Link Checker will check a single link at a time. This is a great tool if you are needing to check a few Amazon links. Like Linkmoney, it will check both short links and standard affiliate links.
The reason this is the hard way
1. The Amazon Link Checker will check only one link at a time.
2. Amazon Affiliate websites can have many thousands of links. If you have a problem with one link, you probably have many more.
3. It takes a lot of time to check a single link. If an affiliate link has problems, it takes a lot of time to fix it.
4. The Amazon Link Checker can not find all link errors on your affiliate site, and also it can not fix them.
5. If you find a link with an error, The Amazon Link Checker does not tell you what was wrong with it. The error could be a human or plugin error which could mean this error could have been made many times, all over the site.
Is manually checking an entire affiliate website’s shortlinks impossible?
It is not uncommon to have many thousands of Amazon affiliate link errors. I found the time to put a team together, manage that team, to fix thousands of links is an incredibly different task.
Plus, people manually fixing affiliate links by hand will introduce more errors. The QA process of making sure all the work is done correctly is enormous.
Why should I check ALL my Amazon Affiliate Short Links Links at once?
It is important to check all your Amazon Affiliate Short Links at the same time to ensure they are working correctly and that they are properly tracking your referral commissions.
If they are not working correctly, you may miss out on potential commissions.
Checking your links will ensure that you do not violate any of Amazon’s terms and conditions, which could lead to your account being suspended or closed.
Additionally, it is important to make sure that the URL is properly formatted and is not leading to any broken links, which can cause customers to become frustrated and leave your website.
Finally, checking your links regularly helps to ensure that you are getting the most out of your Amazon Affiliate Program.
Can I just look at the affiliate link and see errors?
No, unless you are an Amazon Affiliate links expert. Most can’t just look at an Amazon affiliate link and know there is anything wrong with it or if the link has the correct Amazon Affiliate Store Tag so you get your commissions.
How can I see the Amazon Shortlink expanded?
There are two ways to see short links expanded:
1. Click the short link. Each individual shortlink on your website will need to be manually clicked to see the full link URL and where it is going, you can click the link. Then you can fully view it in the browser and where it went on Amazon.
2. Run Linkmoney App. Linkmoney checks, fixes, and audits all the Amazon Affiliate links on your site. Once a Fix Scan has been run, you will be able to see all the Amazon short links on your site and the expanded URL’s they click to.
Without Linkmoney App, It’s nearly impossible to check all of your Amazon Short Links.
The Detailed Report shows every Amazon Affiliate link on your site that was fixed.
Here is an article on the Detailed Fix Report.
The Product Report shows all product links on your affiliate site and the URLs where they are located. This makes them easy to locate.
Here is an article on the Product Report.
Does Linkmoney tell me how many Short Links on on my site?
Yes. When you first run Linkmoney, all of your Amazon Affiliate links will be audited.
After the first scan, which is called a Baseline Scan, you will be able to see the number of AMZN.to links that are on your site.
Can I convert AMZN.to links into standard Amazon Links?
Checking your Amazon affiliate links, either short links or standard links, is vital to your Amazon Affiliate business.
Using Linkmoney App, will do all the hard work for you. This will increase your Amazon Affiliate revenue and give you peace of mind.
This is why we say “Make more revenue instantly with Linkmoney App”. You will earn more Amazon referral commissions if all of your Amazon affiliate links are healthy, from your existing traffic.